Complementary & Alternative Medicine Approaches | Boynton Beach, FL
Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) is a popular term commonly used to describe health and wellness therapies when used along with (complementary) or in place of (alternative) traditional mainstream medicine.
In CAM there is a strong focus on the integration of mind, body, and spirit. Adjunctive therapies commonly associated with CAM are: manipulative medicine, supplement and herbal medicine, homeopathic medicine, acupuncture, yoga, and Tai Chi to name just a few.
Here at Surfside Non-Surgical Orthopedics our goal is to use every safe method available to relieve suffering, dysfunction, and disease.
Here are some of the approaches and trusted partners we use when integrating our care for patients with traditional medical therapies.
- Spectrecell Labs: blood test for intracellular levels of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients to assess if the body has the necessary levels to function optimally and to determine if the supplement’s a patient is taking are achieving therapeutic levels
- Doctors Data Inc: assessment of heavy metals and other environmental toxins
- Genova Diagnostics: evaluation of gut health and amino acid and fatty acid evaluation.
- IGeneX Inc: specialized blood tests for Lyme disease and coinfections.
- ALCAT: food allergy testing resources.
- Xymogen: vitamins and supplement resources.
- Thorne Research: vitamins and supplements.